Thamn

Aug 6, 2016
Thamn please save me! this is new, you have any idea what could be it?
From that traceback, the files in the "Family_trouble-0.9.12-pc/renpy" folder from that build don't match yours, they're from an older version of RenPy, they match the files from version 8.0.3 that I have so it should be around that. The problem is that specific config config.check_conflicting_properties was only added in version 8.1 so it's not recognized as a config variable by that older build.

I'm not familiar with JoiPlay but if their github is accurate, their latest update to the /renpy folder was 3 years ago so my best guess is that's the culprit, it's trying to run your 8.2.3 game through an 8.0.x/7.5.x version of Ren'Py.

There's nothing wrong with your game in this situation and trying to add backwards compatibility for obsolete versions of Ren'Py will cause more problems than it will fix, your game relies on functionality that simply isn't available there and you won't even know where the problems are coming from.

My advice to players having this problem is to try the versions available here without using emulators and see if the problem persists, this is out of the dev's control otherwise (as even if this particular error was bypassed by removing line 15 of the gui.rpy there's no telling how many other issues would crop up next).

Edit:
I actually put your game into that 8.0.3 version of Ren'Py and got that same error. I can now confirm that bypassing that error will just give you a new one, don't try to fix it, it's just not compatible, it would be a mess.

Last edited:

Gothgirlgames

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2024
From that traceback, the files in the "Family_trouble-0.9.12-pc/renpy" folder from that build don't match yours, they're from an older version of RenPy, they match the files from version 8.0.3 that I have so it should be around that. The problem is that specific config config.check_conflicting_properties was only added in version 8.1 so it's not recognized as a config variable by that older build.

I'm not familiar with JoiPlay but if their github is accurate, their latest update to the /renpy folder was 3 years ago so my best guess is that's the culprit, it's trying to run your 8.2.3 game through an 8.0.x/7.5.x version of Ren'Py.

There's nothing wrong with your game in this situation and trying to add backwards compatibility for obsolete versions of Ren'Py will cause more problems than it will fix, your game relies on functionality that simply isn't available there and you won't even know where the problems are coming from.

My advice to players having this problem is to try the versions available here without using emulators and see if the problem persists, this is out of the dev's control otherwise (as even if this particular error was bypassed by removing line 15 of the gui.rpy there's no telling how many other issues would crop up next).

Edit:
I actually put your game into that 8.0.3 version of Ren'Py and got that same error. I can now confirm that bypassing that error will just give you a new one, don't try to fix it, it's just not compatible, it would be a mess.
Thanks a lot you are a live saver!

siam@mirza

Mar 16, 2022

Edit:
Thank you. After reading your reply I downloaded "Ren'py plugin 8.1.3 x 7.6.3 and the game worked. Thank you. You help me a lot.

Rockero_69

Sep 26, 2021
the kurt event needs

if kurtq ==2 and karaq >=3 and not kurtnull:

To fire.

Maybe you denied Kurt during Keren event? it gets you the variable kurtnull, which nulls most of his events.

Its there for people who doest want trap content.
I don't see the latest events for Mori and Akina, Even in the gallery they are still blocked, here are screenshots and a save, so you can check it please
Screenshot_2024-09-20-00-46-10-665_mzgames.familytrouble.jpg Screenshot_2024-09-20-00-47-39-609_mzgames.familytrouble.jpg Screenshot_2024-09-20-00-47-33-515_mzgames.familytrouble.jpg View attachment quick-6-LT1.save

Reactions: Gothgirlgames

hamod

Jan 5, 2021
i really love games like this ( rich with side characters & chubby girls ) which is hard to find
most of the games focuses on 3-4 main girls & few unfuckable side characters . that's it
but this game looks rich with content & characters , im glad i found it :)

keep it up

• Red Heart
Reactions: Gothgirlgames
4.00 star(s) 32 Votes